Sunday, February 5, 2012

Scorpion

Months ago, scorpions used to share our house. We used to use a
flashlight any time we got up to get water or go to the bathroom. Melody
still does, but I have grown tired of using a flashlight and often just
feel my way along. I haven't seen a scorpion or centipede or snake on
the floor for months.

Last evening after dark I was thirsty and decided to get some water.
This time the Holy Spirit said, "You should grab the flashlight." I
thought, "I don't need a light; we don't have scorpions here anymore."
The thought came more strongly: "Jonathan, grab your light." So I
grabbed the light, and as I pulled up the mosquito net to put my feet on
the ground, I shown the light on the ground. There, right in the middle
of the floor, was a scorpion, stinger poised. I would have probably
stepped on it had I not used a light. Immediately I thanked God for
saving me from this little beast.

Listen for God's voice. Heed it. He is even interested in the "small"
things of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment