Monday, June 4, 2012

A Painful Night

Some of you may have heard about Yaga's son dying. From what we know he
died of diarrhea and malnutrition. It was so sad. Jonathan and I were
awaken by and phone call and got up at 10:30pm from a sound sleep and
went to his place. People were dancing and drumming loudly. Others were
wailing in sadness including Yaga. Jonathan shook his hand then I did
the same. From there I went and sat with the women and Jonathan sat with
the men. I prayed several times for God's protection while I watched the
people dance. It made me feel uncomfortable and afraid because I knew
that this kind of dancing invites Satan. There was a short break in the
dancing for reading in the Bible and singing, but then the dancing
started again. After about an hour or so they had the hole dug to bury
the boy. It was so sad to watch. Lots of women were wailing. Bronwyn
told me that someone told her that they cry like this because it
reminds them of their own babies death when they see others being
buried. Yaga also was wailing and wailing. I have never seen a man cry
so much. It made me feel like I had to leave and go sit down but I
waited until they buried the baby and then I went a little ways away and
sat down. I felt sick. When Jonathan I got home we prayed together
before going to sleep for Yaga and his family and God's projection.
Around 1:30am we went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment