Sunday, March 18, 2012

Frederick's First Sermon

I have asked Frederick a number of times if he would present a sermon,
but each time he declined saying that he does not know enough. Well, the
other day, I loaned him one of my two French concordances and explained
to him how to use it. I told him that this is what pastors use to
prepare sermons and Bible studies. Then I asked him if he would present
the sermon the next Sabbath. He accepted.

Today 17.March.2012 Frederick preached his first sermon! The topic of
his choice: The Two Covenants. His presentation was well studied through
and well delivered. It was a moment of joy for me to see how far he has
come in the last couple of years - from being baptized to preaching his
first sermon on the two covenants! I'm sure I'm a little biased, but it
was probably the best sermon I have ever heard from a Chadian.

His closing remarks at the end of the services were: "People will mock
us when we chose to accept the New Covenant. Absolutely, our friends
will mock us because we are Christians. Our families will mock us. But
keep your courage. Be strong. Be persistent. What matters is our loyalty
to God and heart obedience to truth. Maranatha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment