Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Beautiful Sabbath Morning

This morning Gideon awoke at 4am. That's about an 1 1/2 hours before
light. He doesn't normally awake so early. Now he is fast asleep. The
beautiful light is shining. The cool air will be leaving soon. I'm happy
to be back in Chad. After about a month of hard work in the house,
settling in, cleaning, etc. I finally feel like our little home is
pleasant, homey, and mostly uncluttered.

Now, it's a beautiful Sabbath morning. The birds are singing and I'm
singing in my heart praises to God for his blessings of health, a loving
husband and baby, and a great work to do for God in Chad. Today we will
go again on the sandy roads to the little church of Dabgue. Hopefully
soon, in the next few weeks, we will visit another church. A much bigger
church. A church that has been growing during our time in the States.
This church was started by one of the Bible school students who decided
to bring the message he learned back to his own village, the village of
Broumtousu.

In the first month back in Chad I have noticed something. People keeping
asking me, "How is Gideon?". I am very happy to be able to say, "Sava"
(Doing well). That is because of the Lord's blessing and I'm so
grateful. After being here for only 5 days Gideon got sick with fevers
for 5 days. We almost started him on quinine just in case it was malaria
but didn't because we were so sure it wasn't. That was scary and a big
trial for me. I need to learn to trust God more. Trust my future with
God. I often become fearful but this does not bring glory to God. It
only makes Satan happy and me miserable.

The people want to know how Gideon is doing like I said. I appreciate
that. They want him to remain in good health. That means a lot to me.
God is our protector and He is much stronger than anything here in Chad.
"So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear
what man shall do unto me." Hebrews 13:6

No comments:

Post a Comment