Saturday, January 25, 2014

Solar mp3 story: Masons

We are happy that the construction phase of the base here in Bere is
nearly finished. There are a few smaller projects still under
construction, however. With the advantage of hired help comes the
disadvantage of managing the workers and the noise that they sometimes
make with their discussions or radios.

Recently the work crew have been blaring the radio, disturbing the peace
of the compound. I want to be respectful, but I also do not appreciate
having the radio on for me or my family to hear all the time.

I approached the head mason with a solar mp3 player in hand. When the
other workers saw what I had in my hand, they all gathered around me. I
described how to use the player and suggested that they play it
sometimes while they work.

Sometimes now, instead of secular music, we hear the New Testament in
Nangjere. Pray that the Holy Spirit will bring conviction to the
hearers' hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment